Friday, March 2, 2012

Evan Healy Rose Cleansing Milk Review

Alrighty, here's review number two!

I've always been an exfoliating addict. If I'm not scrubbing off the top layer of my skin, then it doesn't feel clean. Trouble is, this isn't exactly so great for your face. Despite all the hype about exfoliation being the key to a great complexion, scrubbing excessively can do some serious damage. The top layer of your skin, called the epidermis, essentially acts as a shield, protecting your skin from the elements. Now, I'm not entirely opposed to the occasional sugar scrub, but moderation is key! Once a week, at most, is enough to get your clean fix.

Anyway, in my quest to exfoliate less, I decided to invest in a gentle cleanser. Evan Healy's Rose Cleansing Milk seemed to be a good fit. I have bipolar skin: one minute it's oily and I'm breaking out, the next I'm dry and flakey. It can't make up it's mind. This cleanser is designed to remove make-up and impurities without disturbing the skin's natural pH balance. Full of plant oils and floral water, this cleanser is chock full of good things for your skin.


So how does it measure up? Well, so far so good. I've been using it for the past few days and my skin feels super soft and balanced. The consistency takes a little getting used to. It basically feels like you're washing your face with lotion. But I have to admit, it feels rather luxurious. The rose scent is a little on the strong side. My mom, who detests the smell of roses, gave it a try anyway. Both of us enjoyed the cleansing, but still felt we needed to moisturize afterwards. I figured with such a creamy cleanser, I wouldn't feel the need to moisturize. Regardless, I was happy with the product and will continue to practice gentle cleansing :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment